Sunday, April 29, 2007

It must be the time change . . .

So, I have a question . . . how often do you call home to mom and/or dad? I have to admit I'm a bit random sometimes once a week, sometimes twice, sometimes I skip a week, but should anything come up I give them a call. So, randomly, I called my little sister the other day to get some Mother's Day gift ideas and she drops the bombshell.

My parents are moving back to the States.

Yup, sadly, in the near future St. Croix will be just a memory. Coconuts, sandy beaches, blue skies, Bermuda shorts, and cheap rum will all be gone and out of reach. (SIGH) So, you'd think that I'd get a call from them mentioning this drastic departure from the place we've called home for almost 2 decades. Nope . . . nothing.

Is it the 3-hour time change that prevented them for a calling me?? Or, maybe it's that I'm married and off on my own?? Either way I was a bit shocked. I somehow fell off the family phone-tree!!

For the cherry on top, my parents pleasantly reminded me that I shouldn't be afraid to call more often. :)

5 Comments:

At 7:12 AM , Blogger AJ said...

I talk to my mom every day or every other day.

But, I only talk to my dad once every other week or so. I know what you mean though. Even though the telephone lines DO work both ways, if you go a long time without talking to a parent, it's because you didn't call, not because they didn't call.

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger Laura said...

I talk to my mom a couple times a week, but email her daily.
So where are we going to stay when we go on the big St. Croix trip???

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Jericho Rose said...

My parent's do that too. I think they just forget. I call them quite frequently, but usually don't get the important news unless I go home or hear it through a relative. They are busy with their lives like we are and sometimes it slips their mind. They probably figured it wouldn't affect you because you are in Washington and busy with your new life. I wouldn't think anything of it.

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Amy said...

My parents are always like that...or they throw out the I thought we told you already. Ill go to St. Croix with you whenever you feel the need to visit

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Kara said...

I talk to my mom at least once if not twice a day. I talk with my dad a couple times a week (maybe more if he answers the phone when I call).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home