Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Leave! (army talk for vacation)


It all started on a Saturday night when we stepped out into the sub zero Michigan night. Dana and I don't live in a place that gets that cold and it took our breathe away. We spent the night at Brian's (Tater) house and watched him puke in his grandma's toilet. All in all a good start to a fun vacation. We spent the following day with Dana's grandma and unfortunately watched my Bears lose the Super Bowl, which was the ultimate low of the vacation.

Next stop was Tech and Carnival. I got to see my mom and friends. We lived it up in typical Houghton fashion. A Hockey game, snow statues, pickled eggs, snow, cross country skiing, great friends, great family and of course more snow; it made for a great Carnival. We were sad to leave but our journey was only half over.

The next two days we packed up all of our stuff that was still in Michigan. I learned that my wife does not trust me with anything breakable or packing anything either. I am not going to lie we had some rough times with the move but we got through it and I am so glad that it is over. The 2500 mile 3 day drive in a UHaul with trailor got a little exciting while sliding down I-90 sideways through North Dakota. Other than that we got lucky with the weather crossing the Rocky and the Cascade mountain ranges.

Now we are here and I didn't kill Dana over the move and I figure that is a good thing. The apartment is shaping up and we are really happy being out here. Anyone who wants to come visit just drop us a line. We are excited to show people around Tacoma and Seattle. I better get going the wife is calling me to hang another picture or unpack another box. Generally she just likes to boss me around, that is at least until I revolt by teasing her until she tells me to just stay out of the way.

Below are some pictures of Dana at the Columbia River, followed by our newly furnished apartment.




























7 Comments:

At 5:15 AM , Blogger scribbles42 said...

Super-cute apartment, guys!
Sounds like a fun time, too. :)

 
At 6:20 AM , Blogger Stephie said...

Glad you made it back safely and a big thank you for not killing your wife... you would have had a whole lot of AGDs to deal with ;)

 
At 8:04 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Moving is never fun. Glad that you guys made it!

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger randi said...

Glad you made it out there safe and sound. :) The apartment looks cute!!

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger alanna rose said...

To echo Stephie - Thanks for not killing Dana, I appreciate it!

Also, you forgot to tell everyone about the exciting night you spent on the Alph Gam couch ;)

 
At 7:45 AM , Blogger AJ said...

Glad that you made it okay and that Dana arrived alive.

Nice picture of the liquor cabinet!

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Kara said...

Glad to hear the trip/move went well. We are going to miss you guys in the Michigan area. Next time you to come into town, I hope one of us can host a gathering so we all can catch up. (My house is always open)

Also, love the apartment!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home