Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Finally Made It!!

I finally made it through school. I am so glad that Ranger School is behind me and I never have to do it again. I made it straight through which is pretty hard to do. About 20% of graduates go straight through without recycling a phase. It was hard but I just made it a point to do everything right the first time so I didn't have to do it again. I needed to get back to my wife and it sucked enough that I really didn't want to be in school any longer than I needed to be.

I lost 20 lbs. and feel like I am in the worst shape of my life. I have been working out this week and everything seems way harder than it used to be. I am told that it takes six months to get back into pre-ranger school shape.

In other news it looks like I will be going to a lot of other schools pretty soon. Fortunately most of them are here at Fort Lewis so I won't have to go anywhere except for one that is only a week long. Now that I have my tab there is a lot of talk about promotions which would be nice and should be just a matter of time before I have my own fire team.

Dana is doing good and is looking even better. I am lucky to have such a hottie as my wife. She is working two part time jobs but is some how able to sleep in later than me everyday and is home by the time I get home. Makes me wonder how much she really "works". Well I should go and buy some tickets to the baseball game we are going to tomorrow night. We are camping this weekend down by Mt. St. Hellens. We both like to go camping and it should be fun and relaxing. It is nice to be home and if anyone wants to visit come on out there is lots to do.

Later dudes and dudets!!

5 Comments:

At 3:42 AM , Blogger Sonya said...

Glad to see you're back and finished with school!!!

 
At 5:00 AM , Blogger AJ said...

Congrats Josh! And I am jealous of your 20 lb weight loss:)

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger randi said...

Glad you're back home. :) Congrats on finishing on the first try!

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Congrats Josh! That is super impressive! Now that you'll be around all the time, I think that it is baby time! Come on, it's lots of fun! ;)

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger scribbles42 said...

Congratulations, Josh!
Don't give your hottie wife a hard time about "sleeping in..." you guys get up for PT pretty darned early. (0530??) C'mon.
Anyway, I too am jealous of your 20 lb. weight loss. Good luck on that promotion, too! :-)
Love you lots!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home