Tuesday, December 04, 2007

An umbrella but no canoe

As some of you may be aware we're a bit soggy out here on the west coast. Fortunately, we live on the 3rd floor so we're sitting high and dry. But in all honesty we haven't been directly affected by all the wind and rain. I cannot say so much for some of our neighbors though. On a positive note, the rain is supposed to let up in a day or two (so they say).

In other news there is reason to celebrate . . . my part-time job at the University just turned full-time. It is an exciting opportunity and I really like it. I should mention that I did hesitate in accepting the additional hours and it's been an unpleasant transition. My mornings used to begin with a casual wake-up around 9:00am, hit has since transitioned into a 6:30am startle. And it's still dark out!

Being an adult in the real world is not as much fun as I imagined.

6 Comments:

At 5:06 AM , Blogger Laura said...

I was totally wondering about you the other day (they showed a clip from that area on the Today show). Glad to hear you are dry. Congrats on the job! That is the ONLY good thing about working 2nd shift, my butt is in bed until at least 7am EVERYDAY!

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Stephie said...

Yay for full time! Glad ot hear you're alive too, I was begining to wonder myself ;)

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger AJ said...

Pooh to the weather, yay to the job!!

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger alanna rose said...

Hooray for full time!

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Danielle Michelle said...

Congrats on the job. Yeah - wish I could go back a few years too...

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger AJ said...

Come back to us Dana!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home